Emergency crews in Türkiye have been working around the clock in the wake of a devastating earthquake that has left at least 9,000 people dead. The Turkish consulate in Hong Kong has laid out how Hongkongers may be able to contribute to relief efforts.
The consulate invites Hongkongers and NGOs to donate to:
- The Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency of Türkiye (AFAD)
- The Turkish Red Crescent Society
- Turkish Religious Affairs Bureau
“We will also be deeply grateful for the in-kind contributions that will arrive from China to meet the emergency needs of the victims,” the consulate said.
Relief supplies are being collected by Turkish Airlines, which operates direct flights to Türkiye from Hong Kong and China.
Boxes containing aid supplies should be sent by next Monday, February 13, with the English name of the the contents – for example: garments/shoes/shelter equipment – written on the boxes. Items should preferably be brand new and suitable for winter.
- WE WORLD EXPRESS WAREHOUSE: Hon Keung Transportation Logistics Ltd. Unit 302A, 3/F, West area Hutchison Logistics Centre, 77-81 Container Port Road. Please indicate KA FAI warehouse (We World Express/WWE) during terminal gate in enrolment. T: +852 2957 2701 / M: +852 6856 5693 / E:firstname.lastname@example.org
List of supplies needed:
- Winter clothing for adults and children
- Overcoats, down jackets
- Waterproof raincoats
- Long boots, short boots
Other supplies (shelter gear)
- Mattresses (for tents)
- Sleeping bags
- Electric heaters, radiators
- Thermos bottles
- Diapers for babies
- Sanitary napkins
Help safeguard press freedom & keep HKFP free for all readers by supporting our team
Support press freedom & help us surpass 1,000 monthly Patrons: 100% independent, governed by an ethics code & not-for-profit.