If you would like to reach a wide, engaged audience in Hong Kong and beyond, HKFP has a number of platforms available for external writers below. Please note that our Lens and Voices sections are unpaid platforms. If you are a professional journalist seeking to pitch a fully-fledged paid feature, please make this clear in your pitch. Please not that we do not accept backlink or “guest post” requests.
Contact us on:
HKFP Voices – our contributor community unites critical voices from academia, the NGO sector and the public sphere.
- Format: The simplest way to contribute written pieces is to email the text or attach a Word document. Submissions should generally be 300-1,000 words in length. If you wish to include images – to which you own the rights – please ensure they are at least 1,200 pixels in width and include captions.
- Content: Please include links to any original sources, facts or figures and be wary of our Code of Ethics. We give priority to pieces with a local or regional angle.
- Editing: HKFP may edit for grammar, spelling and clarity. If you have an especially long-form article or multi-post submission, please discuss it with us in advance. As the editing process often begins immediately, we can only accept the first version submitted – please do not send multiple versions.
- Bios: If you have not written for HKFP before, please include a 2-3 sentence personal bio written in third person, alongside a headshot and any social media/portfolio links you wish to include.
HKFP Lens – our full-width photography section.
- Format: If you are a photographer and would like to share your shots with HKFP, please send us at least 12 high quality, non-watermarked, landscape JPG images on a single theme. Each should be landscape and 1,700 pixels in width. Images may be sent as email attachments, Dropbox, WeTransfer.com or Google Drive along with a 2-3 sentence personal bio written in third person.
- If we are able to publish your piece, we will contact you within 48-hours. Please note that, owing to the high volume of submissions and limited resources, we are not always able to provide a response, but all submissions are carefully considered.
- HKFP has final discretion with regards to what is published on the site. For op-eds, we ask for one month of exclusivity.
- When your post is published, please be sure to share it among your networks and on social media. Please read our full terms and conditions here.