Please be polite to all the members of our community, including other commenters, writers and the subjects of articles. The HKFP community should be a safe and welcoming space for all individuals, groups and their ideas.
HKFP lacks the resources to actively moderate social media comments relating to every article, and strives to show restraint with moderation in order to allow space for free discussion and criticism. However, we reserve the right to enforce the following guidelines whenever we see fit.
- All are welcome to voice their opinion regardless of identity, politics, ideology, religion or agreement with other HKFP community members as long as opinions are respectful and constructively add to the conversation.
- Direct or indirect attacks, hate speech/racism, transphobia, dehumanising language, homophobia, commercial posts/ads, spam, name-calling or insults are not welcome, nor are attempts to hijack, derail, troll or bait others into an emotional response. HKFP reserves the right to remove these types of comments and ban users at our full discretion.
- Individuals who misrepresent themselves, use puppet or fan accounts, threaten others or threaten the company through acts such as cyberattacks or cybersquatting may also be barred from our platform.
- Constructive criticism of our work is very much welcomed. Real-life, flawed humans are working hard behind the scenes, and we invite feedback so we may correct inaccuracies quickly. However, moderators may take discretionary action against users who post constant disrespectful teardowns or consistent, conspiratorial attacks against our work and team.
- Comments should be posted in English.