[Sponsored] CityU’s Department of Asian and International Studies (AIS) offers the following programmes for the 2021-22 Semester A.
In recent Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings, AIS was consistently ranked within the top 100 universities for “Development Studies” and “Politics and International Studies”.
Master of Arts in International Studies
4 Core Courses* and 4 Electives*
The programme allows students to:
- Gain an advanced understanding of international affairs
- Analyse pivotal issues across the fields of political economy, political science, security studies and international relations
- Undertake research on contemporary global issues
- Investigate governance challenges facing international organisations, governments, markets and civil societies
- Gain knowledge to give you a distinct advantage in a competitive world
Specific benefits of undertaking the programme:
- Learn about the world in cosmopolitan and exciting Hong Kong
- Choose from an intellectually stimulating and topical selection of courses
- Be taught by internationally recognised professors
- Meet new people interested in international issues and build lasting connections
The Master’s of International Studies offers a unique two-semester post-graduate education for recent university graduates and professionals alike. The programme provides students with an opportunity to gain skills and knowledge relevant to working in government, business, journalism and international organisations.
Master of Social Sciences in Development Studies
6 Core Courses* and 2 Electives*
- What explains the persistence of poverty and inequality in Asia?
- Why do some countries experience more rapid economic growth than others?
- Do economic growth and industrialisation lead to democratic change?
- Does development improve the socioeconomic status of women?
- Under what conditions can grassroots social movements succeed?
- Is development defensible in an age of ecological crisis?
If you are interested in exploring these and related issues, the Master of Social Sciences in Development Studies is for you!
Featuring an innovative curriculum designed by leading scholars and practitioners, City University of Hong Kong’s Master’s of Development Studies allows students to:
- Critically engage major theories and debates in development studies
- Explore the political economy of Asia in a comparative perspective
- Gain practical training amenable to a variety of career paths
- Gain hands-on training in policy advocacy and analysis
- Examine social and political foundations of development in Asia
The Master’s of Development Studies provides students with an opportunity to gain skills and knowledge relevant to working in non-governmental organisations, government, international organisations, business and journalism.
*Each course carries 3 credit units.
Support press freedom & help us surpass 1,000 monthly Patrons: 100% independent, governed by an ethics code & not-for-profit, Hong Kong Free Press is #PressingOn with impartial, award-winning, frontline coverage.