Are you hoarding a bag or jar of coins at home and don’t know what to do with them? Hong Kong Free Press has partnered with Coin Dragon to allow readers to donate Hong Kong coins to support our operations.
Coin Dragon’s rapidly growing network of exchange machines convert physical coins into Octopus card credit, bank deposits and non-profit/charitable donations.
Alongside credit/debit card, AliPay, cheque, transfer, Bitcoin and Flattr microdonations, HKFP strives to make it as easy as possible to support independent media in Hong Kong.
Machines can currently be found at:
- Star Ferry Central: 1/F, Pier 7, Man Kwong St, Central.
- Hollywood Plaza: G/F, Hollywood Plaza, 610 Nathan Road, Mong Kok.
- Amoy Plaza: 77 Ngau Tau Kok Road (MTR Exit B), Kowloon Bay.
- Luk Yeung Galleria: 22-26 Wai Tsuen Road (MTR Exit C), Tsuen Wan.
How does it work?
- Select which output for your coins’ value: Bank Account, Octopus card, Charity Donation, or Gift Voucher. Select Hong Kong Free Press if you would like us to benefit.
- Pour in your 10c, 20c, 50c, HK$1, HK$2 and HK$5 coins and watch the Coin Dragon count them. Accept/reject your final count.
- View/send your receipt.
- Hong Kong security law: New police powers to surveil lawyers a ‘major threat’, barrister and legal scholars say
- Hong Kong legislative primaries may violate national security law, mainland affairs minister warns
- Coronavirus: restaurant seating cap set to 8 per table again as Hong Kong records 34 local infections