Hong Kong Financial Secretary Paul Chan delivered the 2018 budget at the legislature on Wednesday.
2018 budget in full:
- Pro-democracy lawmakers say budget ‘perpetuates wealth gap’
- Level of gov’t expenditure may have violated Basic Law, says ex-LegCo head
- Hong Kong announces 10,000 free Ocean Park tickets for students
- School diploma fee waiver to have minimal effect on grades, says finance chief
- Theme park to receive HK$310m of taxpayer cash, says finance chief
- Hong Kong gov’t to hand out HK$2,000 to each student in need
- Hong Kong gov’t aims for one social worker per school
- 1.88m Hongkongers to benefit from tax rebates, amid bumper surplus
- Hong Kong unveils HK$250k electric car tax concession
View the budget speech in full below:
Not-for-profit, run by journalists and completely independent. Contribute to our critical month-long HK$1m Funding Drive, help safeguard our independence and secure our operations for another year. Read how carefully we spend every cent in our Annual/Transparency Report.
[give_goal id=”150839″ show_text=”true” show_bar=”true”]