The Shorties Film Festival 2019 is warming up to host the second edition of their week-long celebration of Asia’s most exciting short films. HKFP is a media sponsor.
The Hive is launching an open call for Filmmakers across the Asia Pacific Region and is looking for local talent to sponsor and attend international film festivals and first-class cultural events. This is an opportunity for filmmakers to be introduced to global audiences and to engage in rewarding exchanges. Talents as such form the backbone of our creative industries, that make the Asia Pacific such a unique and vibrant creative hub in the world.
Launching across six countries, the Shorties Film Festival 2019 is the second edition of the Hive Coworking Space initiative to support local film industries, offering emerging directors a platform to screen and share their short films. The team at the Hive admires the stories these filmmakers tell, the perceptions they challenge and the truth and entertainment they bring to the table.
The Shorties Film Festival 2019 will be happening across Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan and Vietnam.
Submit your work via our Open Call from now until the 3rd of April, 2019. Submissions will then be carefully handpicked and shortlisted to be screened in all locations across Asia at the Shorties Film Festival in May 2019. Guests will be able to join in the fun to catch these exclusive screenings.
Submit your film:
If you are a budding filmmaker, please contact us or submit your entry for Shorties 2019. There is no charge for taking part, but we do ask that every participating creative to actively share about their participation across social media. Our Facebook and email: email@example.com
- 20-minute maximum duration per films.
- Films should not be older than one year.
- Short films should have won no awards previously.
- Compulsory English subtitles if the film is in a foreign language.
Awards and Prizes:
Our jury will choose the Asia Shorties Film winners, who will be rewarded with cash to be used for future projects:
- Best short film/documentary.
- Best film editing.
- Best cinematography.
- Best original screenplay – narrative.
- People’s choice award.
- Exclusive: Wanted by Beijing, activist in-exile Wayne Chan says he won’t stop fighting for Hong Kong independence
- Current lawmakers banned from Hong Kong’s 2021 election may not be allowed to stay on, says delegate
- Hong Kong’s director of public prosecutions David Leung resigns over differences with justice secretary