On Sunday, Hong Kong marked 21 years since the Handover to China with demonstrations and celebrations.
Thank you for following our live blog. Click here for full coverage of the July 1 pro-democracy rally.
Stories this week:
- Democracy march wraps up after police and organisers grapple over starting point
- ‘End one-party dictatorship’ – 50,000 join march for democracy, say organisers
- Organisers of democracy protest urge citizens to march in defiance of police warning
- Civil organisation to send observers to monitor police actions during July 1 march
- Appeal board upholds police decision over starting point for democracy march
- Pro-Beijing newspaper calls for annual Hong Kong democracy march to be banned
- Giving part of celebration venue to marchers ‘may start a riot,’ pro-Beijing heavyweight claims
- Democrats’ plan to win legislative majority to oppose gov’t policy may be illegal under security law says Hong Kong’s Lam
- Masks compulsory on public transport and new restaurant restrictions as Hong Kong enacts strict new Covid-19 measures
- University of Hong Kong pro-democracy message board destroyed – report