1. A father and a son in northeastern China’s Liaoning Province built this tank in March to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the allied victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two. The tank was based on a former Soviet Union’s T34 model, the farmers said.
2. 50-year-old Chen Xuelian from rural Gansu Province assembled this aluminum plane, powered by motorcycle engines, earlier this year. The farmer, with a middle school education, said that he had never seen a real plane, let alone been on one. So far, he has tested the plane twice and both times it failed.
3. A team of 11 in eastern China’s Shandong Province built this impressive collection of Transformers in 2014.
4. This year, Luo Xiaoping, another farmer in Zhejiang gave it a try too.
5. This replica of Iron Man was built by then 25-year-old farmer Wang Xiaokang, also from Shandong, in 2011.
6. Another mildly terrifying example was assembled by Tao Xiangli, a migrant worker in Beijing.
7. This “Lumberghini” was made by a Jiangxi innovator named Yu Jietao. He assembled it from Burmese rosewood in 2014.
8. Another two-wheeled invention by Mr.Yu.
9. Wang Jian, a young farmer in Jiangsu Province, remodeled a second-hand car to create this Lamborghini replica in 2012.
10. These two farmers were testing their home-made drone on a field in 2009. They built the machine to spray pesticides on crops.
11. Hubei farmer Su Daocheng created this 250kg mechanical horse in January.
12. Hunan peasant He Liangcai spent a decade inventing a way to turn suitcases into electric vehicles, with navigation functions.
13. Dai Yuanwu, a 25-year-old farmer from Sichuan, assembled this excavator in his home in May. The machine, powered by a diesel engine, is said to be working fine.